Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Highlights

For those who are interested, here are some of my fondest memories of this last holiday season:

Baking hundreds of Christmas cookies
Drinking Homemade Eggnog!


Sharing hundreds of cookies with some of my favorite kids at our partnering shelters









On my way out of the country for the holidays I saw this warning against trafficking on the departure card:


















I had a layover in Manila and saw this very amusing Kiosk in the biggest mall in Asia. It was a foodstand called "Spam Jam." Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like!
















I spent the holidays in Hong Kong drinking lots of Chinese tea, seeing the sights(including this "crystal tram"with a plexiglass bottom across the harbor and up Hong Kong Island,



Eating delicious streetfood,








Accidentally stumbling upon a Christmas Church Service and worshipping (In English!) with people from all over the world,





And freezing even though I was wearing most of my clothes, most of the time!






And since Christmas is not yet over here (there are still decorations everywhere and Christmas music blaring) I will take this last opportunity to wish you are very Merry Holiday Season!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! It is great to hear you are doing well. What does the pamphlet say? I can't read it :)

    Love you!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry CHRISTmas my darling, & Happiest New Year, too.....missed you & Kyle & Mara @Christmas! You are so beautiful...to me!!!! Love, Terri aka m.d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Wish I could've baked with you! You look like quite the baker! Love the pics! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete