Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Highlights


Some Highlights of my life in the past month...

Current Favorite Fruit: Mangostein

Current Favorite Cebuano Phrase: Pag-sure oi?! (Are you sure?!)

Favorite part of the past weekend: Borrowing a friend's motorbike and cutting my commute in half (there are essentually no rules for motorbikes, you can go around and through traffic and will always end up the first in line at the stoplights)

Most missed thing from the states: Mexican food

Most looking forward to: Jennifer (my wondeful co-worker from Fort Worth) coming to visit in April!

Most awkward moment: Being the candle-lighter in a wedding for someone I didn't know. My co-lighter wouldn't talk to me at first (he was "shy," a cultural phenomenon that occurs with 80% of people I meet), but then, when we starting walking, and for the rest of the ceremony, the 23 year old cousin of the groom wouldn't stop talking! There were seven bridesmaids and 7 flower girls. I've never seen so much pink satin in my life.

Lastest Island Adventure: Apo Island! 10 hour boat + 30 minute bus + waiting for 1 hour + 45 minute small boat= tiny island with no electricity and diving with sea turtles! Totally worth it :)

Saddest moment: When my camera shattered in the bottom of my bag and my MP3 player stopped working :(

Favorite work project: Managing 10 volunteers in the intake for the biggest IJM Cebu operation to date, and teaching Career Counseling to 30+ aftercare partners.

3 comments:

  1. Fun, fun! Like your update! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your update! Love Mangosteins. I get the freeze-dried version at Trader Joes. I'll think of you as I get them now. Thanks for the update (and the laugh about the wedding). Love you!

    ReplyDelete