Monday, May 30, 2011

God's Beautiful World

When I was asked "What are your desires for the property?" My response was "I want the property, in and of itself, to be therapeutic." So, when one of the board members found this property, 6000 sq meters of land, on a hill, overlooking the ocean, with the most amazing view of the outlying islands, it was no contest. And to top it off, it was bank foreclosed property, so the price we paid for the land was literally 8$ per square meter (an amazing bargain in an archipelago that is constantly riddled with land disputes).

The other day, one of the girls was sitting outside on the porch, looking out at that beautiful view. When Miss Jacky, one of our staff, found her, she had tears streaming down her face. Miss Jacky asked her what was wrong and this was her response:
I just realized how beautiful this world is, and it reminded me of how much God loves me. Even though I've caused my parents pain because of some of the decisions I've made, God never left me.   It encourages me to work hard for my future. 




Help us pray that she is the first of many to find strength and healing in the safety of our home.

3 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderful story! Will continue to pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is awesome!!! Thank you for sharing that story! I love it! God knew the healing He would bring even with the beautiful location of a house :-)

    ReplyDelete